03 June 2006

Shots from the medium format

On my recent trip to India, I actually dragged along 3 cameras (yep, probably the main reason why my bag was so heavy!)- a point and shot digital camera, a standard film SLR, and a medium format camera. All the photos that I previously posted while traveling actually came from a point and shot. I've had some free time at night in Bangladesh, so I've been playing around with some of the medium format shots that I got developed. I thought I might as well post some of my favorites from time to time, especially since photos from meetings aren't really all the exciting, hah.

For those you not familiar with medium format cameras, they take film much larger than your standard 35mm camera, and you can capture much more detail. See if you can tell. My medium format camera also captures images as a square. Personally, I still think they're better than the digital SLRs, a lot less convenient and more expensive to use, but I still like the "feel" and look of film.

From Bibi-ka Maqbara: the mini Taj Mahal
Bibi Ka Maqbara

From Varanasi
Varanasi ghats
Repairshop
Varanasi marketplace
View of the lines
Man and bike

Sunrise at Dzongri basecamp, Kachenjunga Trek in Sikkim.
Sunrise at Dzongri

These boys would climb up to the temple on a hilltop outside of Pushkar. They would make a parachute from a plastic bag, some string, and a twig, and would launch them from the top.
Launching a 'chute
Trying to spot the parachute.
Looking for parachutes

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those boys playing with the twigs and a plastic bag, that's what I try to make my daughter do instead of playing "The Sims" for twelve hours straight. A game with creativity, physical exertion and companionship, what more can you ask?