12 March 2006

More scenes from Darjeeling

So most of my time in Darjeeling has looked like this... grey and cold.
Rainy Alley

But it started to clear up a bit late yesterday afternoon.
Prayer flag closeup
Prayer flag and gompa

I figured that I might as well take a chance and try and catch sunrise. I missed the taxis at 4am to go to Tiger Hill, a popular touristy lookout point, but luckily I found my own.

The shots are of the Darjeeling valley below Mt. Kanchenjunga of the Himalayas, the third highest peak in the world. Wow. I've never realized how many shades of blue there are before.

Valley
Sunrise

Mt. Kanchenjunga sunrise in black and white
Mt. Kanchenjunga sunrise (BW)

Mt. Kanchenjunga sunrise (close)

Darjeeling Valley Sunrise

A perfect backdrop to early morning conversations.
Painted backdrop

2 comments:

bbellows said...

Amazing scenes.

Puran said...

best view of Kanchanjung, nice blog