30 July 2007

"Unusual" Scenes from Nigeria

Well, they're not really all that unusual, more typical actually. They still make me chuckle a little everytime I see them.

419 sign
Not for sale
When I first saw these signs, I thought that there must be a lot of pesky house buyers stopping by unexpectedly all the time. Apparently, it's a popular scam (of course) to break into someones house while they're away and sell their house to someone else. Apparently, someone who breaks into a house, poses as the owner, and manages to sell it is not crafty enough to paint over the sign.

They really like to pack in the cargo vans...
Stuffing the van
Apparently, the TP doubles as another bumper too.
TP Bumper

I can't help but laugh everytime I see this poster.
Don't Abuse the Naira
The Naira is sooo dirty. I guess with the "indecent storage" (top left) and no Naira "spraying" (bottom left), using the Naira in a strip club isn't proper use of the currency.

And everywhere you look, people are carrying things on their heads. It's very practical, although I have no idea how their necks support some of the weight!
Bread Head
Tofu seller
Chicken head
Goat feed

Typical rush hour along the path.
Dam Rush Hour

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yo, T-Lo! Great blog. Just checked it out for the first time.

Keep on eye on this site - http://www.reneeandchris.com - we'll be posting pics soon.

Stay well,
Chris