23 May 2006

Airport delays

Well, I didn't get too far on my trip to Bangladesh. It's amazing how a little hour and a half delay throws a complete monkey wrench into travel itenaries. Unfortunately, I missed my connecting flight and had to spend a day in Newark, New Jersey (woo-hoo!) and another extra day in New Delhi (souvenir shopping before I even finish my trip). That means I had a ton of time to sit around in the airport and be bored...

Y'know, one of the things I don't understand is all the nudie magazines at airport newstands. Honestly, who buys them? And who "reads them for the articles" on the airplane? How creepy would it be to be sitting next to they guy who busts out one of these magazines from his carry-on lugage? What do they do, excuse themselves and go sit around the tiny bathroom?
airport newstand

Anyways, I was walking around the Newark airport looking for my last American meal that I could find. I settled on terriyaki chicken, since I won't be eating anything remotely close to it anytime soon, and an A&W rootbeer shake. Woo-hoo! Gotta pack on those calories before switching to a Bangladesh diet.
last airport meal

No comments: